FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
This is the perfect vegan, gluten-free treat that is healthy, kid-friendly and loved by all. It is cheesy, butter-free, dairy-free and addictive! Made with the most flavorful vegan popcorn seasoning ever.
I have been making vegan popcorn with nutritional yeast flakes or 'Nooch' for many years now, it gives popcorn a cheesy taste.
I sold my nutritional yeast flakes popcorn at local stores and farmers markets when I lived in Virginia and they were always sold out!
What Is Nutritional Yeast?
Nutritional yeast is deactivated yeast that is popular in vegan cooking. It gives a cheesy taste to some foods, nutritional yeast is nutty, cheesy and salty. It is sold in health food stores as yellow flakes or powder.
Nutritional yeast is vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free. It has B Vitamins, selenium, zinc, protein, folic acid.
How To Make Vegan Popcorn?
You can easily prepare your popcorn on top of the stove or use a hot air popper in minutes.
Method One Stove Top
Heat oil on medium high heat in a large saucepan, make sure you use a heavy bottom saucepan.
Add 2 kernels of popcorn to the saucepan, cover and allow them to pop. Transfer the pan from off the stove, remove the 2 kernels.
Add corn kernels to the saucepan in a single layer, cover the saucepan, allow the saucepan to sit for about one minute.
Return saucepan to the stove on high heat. Shake the saucepan from side to side as the popcorn begins to pop.
Once the popping is slowing down, remove saucepan from the heat and allow the remaining popcorn kernels to pop.
Pour popcorn in a large bowl, toss with seasonings.
Method Two Hot Air Popcorn Popper
Making popcorn in a hot air popcorn popper is so easy
- Gather equipment - air popper, large bowl.
- Gather ingredients- popcorn, olive oil. Combine nutritional yeast flakes, garlic powder, onion powder, dill, celery seeds, salt.in a bowl and set aside.
- Measure popcorn kernels using the measuring cup that comes with the machine or your own and place the kernels into the top of the machine.
- Place the plastic guard and the measuring cup that fits into the plastic guard (if one comes with it) on the machine.
- Place a large bowl underneath the machine
- Plug in hot air popper machine.
- Wait for the popcorn kernels to pop. You will see the popcorns coming out of the machine into the bowl. Once the popping has finished, unplug the machine.
- Toss popcorn with olive oil and seasonings.
Other Recipes For Your Party
Join our new facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- 159 kcal / 665 kJ
- 5 g
- 6 g
- 26 g
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernel, unpopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, (use coconut oil for stove top method)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dill
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper (optional)
- 5 min
- 2 min
- Ready in:
- 7 min
Pop the popcorn in your hot-air popper into a large bowl. Combine nutritional yeast flakes, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, dill, celery seeds, salt and cayenne pepper in a bowl and mix well.
Drizzle or spray freshly popped popcorn with olive oil. Toss popcorn with seasonings. Serve