The vegan cauliflower mashed potatoes recipe is a great low-carb alternative to regular mashed potatoes that your family and guests will enjoy,
Mashed potatoes made with cauliflower are flavorful and creamy just like traditional mashed potatoes.
Cauliflower has so many nutritional benefits so you get to reap the benefits.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes Ingredients
- 1 medium cauliflower head, break into florets
- 1/4 cup non-dairy butter, (I used Earth Balance)
- 1 garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives, chopped
How To Make Vegan Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
For this easy cauliflower mashed potatoes recipe, I substituted the butter found in a traditional mashed potato recipe with vegan butter.
I didn’t want a soupy cauliflower mashed potato because cauliflower already contains more water than potatoes.
I steamed the cauliflower florets until tender
Place the cauliflower in a food processor, I then add vegan butter, garlic, and salt. Stir in chopped chives and serve.
That’s basically it, my recipe is very simple yet the best cauliflower mashed potatoes ever.
My secret tool to use for a creamy mashed cauliflower is my food processor. The food processor ensures you don’t have that gritty texture of cooked cauliflower, along with the vegan butter for that buttery taste.
Vegan Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes Is Delicious Served With:
Also please leave a star rating ;-)
Need some encouragement on your Healthier Steps journey?
Join our new Facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- Energy: 179 kcal / 748 kJ
- Fat: 9 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Carbs: 15 g
- Preparation: 10 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- Ready in: 30 min
- For: 2 Servings
- Steam cauliflower florets until tender in a steamer basket, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer cooked cauliflower to a food processor, add vegan butter, garlic, and salt. Process until smooth and creamy. Scoop mashed cauliflower in a serving bowl, stir in chives and serve.