20 minutes and a few simple ingredients are all you need for these Air Fryer Rosemary Sweet Potato. Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, the flavor of rosemary and garlic infuse each forkful.
You can find sweet potatoes at grocery stores year-round, but they are especially delicious throughout the fall and winter. They’re perfect as a side dish for big occasions such as Thanksgiving or Christmas.
I’m so excited to share this Air Fryer Rosemary Sweet Potato recipe with you. It’s such a delicious, healthy, and easy side dish that I always prefer to have on my menu. As you know I always try to eat a 100% clean diet and eat vegetables at every meal.
Why You Will Like This Recipe?
You’ll like this dish because:
- It’s so simple to make.
- The ingredients are very easy to find.
- You don’t need much time to make this recipe and also doesn’t take much of your cooking energy.
- This recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free.
- It is low in fat too.
- It’s so good for you! Vegetables are healthy as they are a good source of vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants. You will feel better after eating this because of all the vitamin C in the sweet potatoes, rosemary, and garlic.
- This recipe requires one bowl and one baking dish. That means you’ll be left with less clean-up after cooking.
- You can use them to top your tacos, salads, and burrito bowls
Ingredients For Air Fryer Rosemary Sweet Potato
- Sweet Potato: Use sweet potatoes with orange flesh because they are the sweetest. Sweet potatoes with tan or purple skin should be avoided (so-called dry varieties).
- Avocado Oil: Avocado oil is excellent for making delectable and nutritious dishes. It’s rich in antioxidants, minerals, essential fatty acids, and vitamins.
- Garlic: Add some fresh minced garlic, since garlic is usually a nice addition. The garlicky flavor is undeniable! If fresh is unavailable, dried ones can be substituted.
- Fresh Rosemary: Rosemary elevates a platter of perfectly crisp air-fried sweet potatoes to a higher level. Fresh rosemary is excellent for this recipe! The pine-like flavor of the fresh herb is the most developed. If you don’t have any fresh, you can use dried! Even after roasting, dried rosemary retains a firm texture and a more intense flavor. So, go for the fresh!
- Onion Powder: Adding onion powder will help get a more savory flavor.
- Salt: A pinch of salt will help to balance the flavors.
How To Make Air Fryer Rosemary Sweet Potato?
Scrub and peel sweet potatoes, and cut them into cubes. Place sweet potatoes in a large bowl, and toss with oil, garlic, rosemary, onion powder, and salt.
Place on air fryer tray or basket. Cook at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes or until done.
If you have any leftover air fryer rosemary sweet potato pieces, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3- 5 days.
They may go mushy in the fridge, so we recommend eating them as soon as possible, but they’ll be delicious after reheating.
The microwave or air fryer are both good options for quickly reheating the leftovers. But if you’d like to remove some of the moisture, the air fryer is the best option.
Substitutions For This Recipe
Here are a few ways to change the taste of roasted sweet potatoes in an air fryer. Because the results are always so fantastic, I love making do with what I already have on hand.
Potatoes – I prefer to use sweet potatoes but you can use whatever sort of potato you choose (russet, Yukon gold, baby potatoes, etc.). Just make sure the pieces are of the same size.
Herbs — If fresh rosemary isn’t available, use dried rosemary (approximately ½ tablespoon) or any other fresh herbs you choose. If the herbs are more fragile (parsley, chives, dill, etc.), I would wait till the potatoes were cooked before garnishing them.
Seasonings – Replace the garlic with whatever you choose. Cumin, paprika, and chili powder are also delicious; just be careful to adjust the fresh herbs accordingly.
Oil – When some oil is used, the Sweet potatoes taste nicer and crisp up more quickly. The recipe calls for avocado oil, but you can substitute whatever light-flavored oil you like, such as olive, grapeseed, or vegetable oil.
- Make sure the sweet potatoes are properly washed and peeled before you start cutting them up. You may eat them with or without the skin, but I prefer them without. To avoid unnecessary water, let the potatoes dry out before tossing.
- Cook in batches. You can air fry the sweet potatoes in multiple batches for the crispiest results. You’ll probably have to cook in batches if you only have a tiny air fryer.
What To Serve With Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes?
Crispy rosemary potatoes can be used in a variety of ways. Here are a couple of my personal favorites:
- They’re fantastic as an appetizer or as a party meal.
- For a complete dinner, combine them with any protein-like (tofu, beans, legumes).
- Make a power bowl with the vegetables, protein, and dressing of your choosing
- For breakfast, serve with scrambled tofu.
- Top your tacos, salads, and burrito bowls with these air fryer rosemary sweet potatoes.
Other Frequently Asked Questions:
What Is An Air Fryer?
Air frying is becoming more and more popular as it’s a healthier alternative to deep-frying foods and may be used to cook a variety of things, including broccoli, sweet potatoes, tofu, and eggs. The air fryer makes it possible to cook foods with little or no oil.
Air fryers cook food quickly which helps retain flavors, and nutrients and prevents it from becoming soggy. Hot air circulates around the meal to create a crunchy, flaky surface. This is the best way to enjoy French fries, fried chicken, and even desserts without all of the extra fat from frying!
What Are The Benefits Of Using An Air Fryer?
Foods that are air-fried instead than deep-fried may be healthier in various respects.
- Air fryers are quick and simple to operate, therefore cooking at home becomes a much more appealing choice. Dinner is simple with the air fryer. You just need to season your veggies or meat, place them in the food basket, and then turn your air fryer on. It’s that easy.
- Air-fried food has fewer calories, fat, and potentially hazardous substances than traditional fried dishes.
- The air fryer crisps the food, resulting in a golden and crunchy exterior as opposed to a soggy mess. I think this is probably the best justification if you frequently cook items that are pre-made and breaded, such as onion rings and tofu nuggets. In order to achieve a crispy and crunchy exterior, all it takes is a little spray of cooking oil. This method is ideal for making anything breaded and any frozen/breaded food.
- Using an air fryer instead of a deep fryer can help you lose weight and reduce your fat intake.
- Since air fryers use less oil than deep fryers, you may be able to afford more expensive, higher-quality oils like avocado oil.
- Reheat your leftover pizza! Crisping the bottom crust and reviving the toppings at the same time is a winning confluence. It’ll as good as it was on the first day.
- Who doesn’t dislike cooking cleanup? This unpleasant chore can ruin a delicious supper. You will be pleased to learn that quality air fryers are also quite simple to clean after using them
What Is The Healthiest Way To Cook Sweet Potatoes?
Air-frying is among the healthiest methods of cooking sweet potatoes. A pound of sweet potatoes just requires one or two tablespoons of oil. In addition, they cook faster than conventional ways.
How Long Should I Cook Diced Sweet Potatoes In The Air Fryer?
The sweet potatoes take 13- 15 minutes to cook in an Air fryer that preheats. Keep an eye on your cubes and shake them halfway through cooking.
Why Are My Sweet Potatoes Soggy In The Air Fryer?
Sweet potatoes may not become crispy for a variety of reasons. If the potatoes are still wet when placed in the air fryer, the extra water would steam rather than roast the potatoes. It’s possible that you didn’t use enough oil. Oil also aids in the crisping of potatoes. Or, the air fryer may be overloaded. If air cannot circulate correctly around the meal, it will not become crispy.
Other Vegan Side Dishes
Get discounted copies of my cookbook here.
Fortunately, because of the ads on our website, readers and subscribers of Healthier Steps are sponsoring many underprivileged families. Thank you!
- Energy: 110 kcal / 460 kJ
- Fat: 0.7 g
- Protein: 2.4 g
- Carbs: 24.2 g
- Preparation: 10 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- Ready in: 25 min
- For: 4 Servings
- Scrub and peel sweet potatoes, and cut them into cubes.
- Place sweet potatoes in a large bowl, and toss with oil, garlic, rosemary, onion powder, and salt.
- Place on air fryer tray or basket. Cook at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes or until done