FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
Vegan Ratatouille Recipe
If you are like me and have an abundance of produce from your garden and you are thinking of ways to prepare them, making ratatouille is my go-to recipe.
It is a great way to prepare a dish to feed a crowd and include the bounty of summer, it is delicious served over rice or bread,
You can make a double batch and freeze the extra so you can enjoy the taste of summer later. Serve it with my, Garlic Bread, Turmeric Coconut Rice, and Vegan Gluten-Free Cake for a flavorful summer brunch or dinner.
Easy Ratatouille Recipe Key Ingredients:
- Yellow Squash
- Bell pepper
WHAT IS RATATOUILLE?
Ratatouille is a classic French stew from the Provence region, that is made by sauteing onion, garlic, zucchini, eggplant, bell pepper, and tomatoes. It is served both hot and cold.
Provence is famous for its abundance of fresh produce. so it is basically ratatouille dish is a melting pot of all the fruits of the labor of the farmers in that region of France.
HOW TO MAKE RATATOUILLE
To make ratatouille
- Chop all the veggies into bite-sized pieces.
- Toss eggplant with salt and place in a colander to sweat for 20 minutes, rinse after.
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil, followed by the rest of vegetables.
- Reduce heat, cover saucepan and allow vegetables to simmer in the most nutritious and delicious stew.
Other Delicious Stews To Try
Also please leave a star rating ;-)
- 93 kcal / 389 kJ
- 6 g
- 2 g
- 10 g
- 10 min
- 20 min
- Ready in:
- 30 min
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large eggplant, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 medium orange bell pepper, diced
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, trimmed and chopped
- 1 medium yellow squash, trimmed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 sprig fresh oregano
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- Cut ends off eggplant, cut into cubes and place in a large colander. Toss with sea salt and set aside for 20 minutes to drain.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan on medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Stir in garlic , bell peppers and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, zucchini, yellow squash, eggplant, basil, thyme, oregano, rosemary, tomato paste, vegetable broth and cook until vegetables simmering, about 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat and cook covered until vegetables are tender about 10 more minutes. Season with salt to taste.