FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
My Vegan Banana Sheet Cake, Strawberry Banana Bread and Banana Upside Down Cake, are such favorite banana recipes here on my site. I love bananas so much that I decided to also share my light and fluffy banana muffin recipe.
My love for bananas started while growing up in Jamaica where we grew bananas, in our backyard. I believe I told you before that on Fridays my mom would make her classic banana bread, marble cake or pineapple upside down cake. We looked forward to eating my mom's delicious banana bread the following day. We didn't have an electric mixer, like a Kitchen Aid mixer so we made all our desserts by hand.
Instead of making a vegan version of my mom's banana bread, I decided to share a healthy vegan banana muffin recipe instead. To make these irresistible muffins, first you will need overripe bananas, they are a must!
How To Ripen Bananas For Your Vegan Banana Muffins
The riper the bananas, the sweeter and more flavorful your muffins will be. Your bananas should at least bespeckled, to ripen your bananas faster, I love the brown paper bag method. Place bananas in a brown paper bag and roll the bag shut so that the ethylene gas that is released by the bananas can be trapped in the bag and speed up the ripening process.
How To Make Vegan Banana Muffins
I forgot to mention that these muffins are also gluten-free, I used Krusteaz Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour and Almond Flour for a moist and tender muffin. You can substitute regular flour. I basically mashed the bananas in a bowl and set aside. I combined the dry ingredients except for the ground flaxseeds in a bowl, mixing thoroughly. In another bowl, I mixed the liquid ingredients plus the flaxseeds. I mixed the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients then fold in the mashed bananas.
Finally, I scooped the batter into prepared muffin pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Join our new facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
Other Delicious Banana Recipes To Try For Breakfast
- Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
- Banana Split Oatmeal
- Jamaican Banana Fritters
- Berry Banana Bread
- Banana Oatmeal Recipe
- Raspberry Banana Chia Pudding
- Caramelized Banana Oatmeal
- Blackberry Banana Smoothie
- 205 kcal / 857 kJ
- 9 g
- 2 g
- 30 g
- 10 min
- 30 min
- Ready in:
- 40 min
- 2 medium very ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose gluten-free flour, (I used Kluteaz brand)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, or 1/4 teaspoon cardamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, or 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375spr F and prepare a 12-cup muffin tin by either lining or lightly spraying it with nonstick spray.
- Mash the bananas with fork in a medium bowl, set aside. In a large bowl, combine, gluten-free all purpose flour, almond flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt.
- In another bowl mix almond milk, coconut oil, ground flaxseeds, vanilla. Combine dry ingredients with wet ingredient and mix thoroughly. Fold in mashed bananas into the batter.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups and sprinkle tops with extra sugar if desired. Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool for about 10 minutes before removing from the pan. Enjoy!