As a mother its great to have quick and easy meals that are also healthy on hand to prepare for the family. Black bean burrito is a go to meal that is enjoyed by my entire family. I usually have rice and black beans that are cooked ahead of time, so all I have to do is reheat, cook the tortillas and add fresh ingredients. We usually add black beans, rice, guacamole, salsa, tomatoes, lettuce. Sometimes we add vegan cheese or sour cream. I love Gluten-Free Tortillas and there is a lot on the market now to choose from.Make this fun for everyone and assemble them with the entire family!
- 1/2 cup dried black beans or 1 can black beans cooked
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 gluten free tortillas
- 1/2 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup guacamole (see recipe) or 1/2 cup avocado chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup Romaine lettuce, shredded
If you are using dried beans, soak them overnight in water. The following day, drain water and rinse. Place bean in a large saucepan with 4 cups of water and bring to boil. Lower heat to simmer and cook for 45 minutes to one hour. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and saute until translucent. Add garlic, tomatoes, cumin, oregano, sea salt and cook stirring for one minute. Add black beans and water, and bring to boil. Lower heat to low and allow to simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, partially mash beans and set aside. Warm tortilla, spoon 1/4 cup of bean along the center of each tortilla. Top with brown rice, salsa, guacamole, chopped tomatoes and lettuce.
Find other favorite black bean recipes here:
- Vegan Brazilian Black Bean Stew (Feijoada)B
- Black Bean Quinoa Patties
- Black Bean and Butternut Squash Stew
- Black Bean Salad With Creamy Avocado Cilantro Dressing
- Spicy Black Black Bean Hummus
I am so excited to start a new facebook group, sharing lots of delicious vegan recipes, health tips etc. from our members, please join us at Vegan Recipes With Love! If you tried this recipe, please comment below and let us know how you like it. Also, please follow us on Instagram!