This recipe for vegan cauliflower stuffing is a great, healthy, low-carb, and vegan substitute for traditional Thanksgiving stuffing. Cauliflower stuffing is not only healthy, but it is also made with simple ingredients, lots of fresh herbs, and is incredibly delicious.
I used roasted cauliflower as the base. Make sure you do not skip this step! Roasting the cauliflower florets results in a more caramelized flavor and crunchier texture.
I added a vegan sausage that was cut into coins and sautéed for added flavor and protein, but this is optional. You can use your favorite storebought sausage, or use my Gluten-Free Vegan Sausage Recipe.
This Vegan Cauliflower Stuffing Is:
- Easy to prepare
- Perfectly seasoned
- Incredibly delicious
- Perfect for the holiday table
I made this recipe for my family. My hubby’s response was that he actually loves this recipe more than regular stuffing. It is so delicious that it could actually be served as a meal.
The cauliflower stuffing recipe is technically a dressing (as it’s more commonly called in the South) because it is not stuffed in anything, but is baked in a pan.
From my research, the name is synonymous with stuffing, so you can refer to it as Cauliflower Dressing if you like. The recipe is pretty basic, except I added some pecans because it is one of my hubby’s favorite nuts.
You can check out my other favorite gluten-free stuffing recipe, Vegan Gluten-Free Cornbread Stuffing.
Vegan Cauliflower Stuffing Ingredients
- Avocado Oil
- Vegan Sausages
- Parsley, Thyme, Sage, Rosemary
How To Make Vegan Cauliflower Stuffing?
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper and lightly spray. Set aside.
- Roast the cauliflower florets. Place cauliflower florets on the baking sheet in a single layer, brush with avocado oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast cauliflower in the oven for 20-25 minutes until edges are brown.
- Sauté Vegan Sausage. In the meantime, heat 1 tablespoon of avocado oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add vegan sausage coins and cook until brown on both sides, for about 5 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside in a bowl.
- Cook onion, garlic, celery, and carrots. Add remaining avocado oil, onion, garlic, celery, and carrots, and cook while stirring until onion is soft, for about 3 minutes.
- Add the herbs. Add chopped herbs and paprika, and cook until fragrant, for about 1 minute.
- Combine all the ingredients. Add cooked sausages, roasted cauliflower, chopped pecans, and salt, and gently stir to combine. Serve immediately.
Pro Tips For Making Vegan Cauliflower Stuffing
- Use lots of fresh herbs. I used a combination of parsley, thyme, rosemary, and sage. If you don’t have fresh herbs, then use dried herbs. For every teaspoon of dried herbs, you will need a tablespoon of fresh herbs.
- To save you time and oven space on Thanksgiving Day, roast cauliflower up to three days ahead of time, and cool and refrigerator in a container with a tight-fitting lid. When you are ready to serve your vegan stuffing, sauté the sausage, other veggies, and herbs. Add cauliflower and stir fry until heated through, about 3 minutes and serve.
- You can substitute avocado oil for your favorite oil or vegan butter.
- This vegan stuffing is easily customizable by adding extra ingredients like cranberries, mushrooms, apple, and cornbread cubes.
How To Serve Cauliflower Stuffing?
- You can stuff it inside prebaked acorn squash or butternut squash for a Thanksgiving main dish option.
- You can stuff it inside a Tofu Turkey.
- Use as stuffing for Whole Roast Cauliflower.
- Use as a filling in a burrito wrap or lettuce wrap.
- Make soup by adding vegetable broth.
- Serve in a bowl as is for a delicious meal.
How To Store Vegan Cauliflower Stuffing?
Store leftover cauliflower stuffing in the refrigerator in a container with a tight-fitting lid for 3-5 days, or store in a heavy-duty freezer bag or an air-tight container for at least 3 months.
To reheat cooked cauliflower, place it in a preheated oven at 350 F on a baking sheet or casserole pan for 20 minutes. Add an extra 5-10 minutes if frozen.
More Thanksgiving Vegan Recipes
- Lentil Shepherd’s Pie
- Whole Roasted Cauliflower
- Vegan Lentil Meatballs
- Tofu Turkey
- Vegan Green Bean Casserole
- Vegan Mac And Cheese
- Vegan Gluten-free Cornbread
- Healthy Cranberry Apple Sauce
- Vegan Sweet Potato Pie
- Vegan Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie
Also please leave a star rating ;-)
Need some encouragement on your Healthier Steps journey?
Join our Facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips, etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- Energy: 66 kcal / 276 kJ
- Fat: 2 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Carbs: 8 g
- Preparation: 20 min
- Cooking: 40 min
- Ready in: 1 h
- 1 medium cauliflower, washed and cut into small florets
- 2 tablespoons avocado or olive oil, divided
- 1 vegan sausage, cut into coins (optional)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, or 1 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- salt, to taste
- Preheat oven 425° F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper and lightly spray. Set aside.
- Place cauliflower florets on the baking sheet in a single layer, brush with avocado oil, and sprinkle with salt. Roast cauliflower in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until edges are brown.
- In the meantime, heat 1 tablespoon of avocado oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add vegan sausage coins, and cook until brown on both sides, for about 5 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside in a bowl.
- Add remaining avocado oil, onion, garlic, celery, and carrots, and cook while stirring, until onion is soft, for about 3 minutes.
- Add chopped herbs and paprika, and cook until fragrant, for about 1 minute.
- Add cooked sausages, roasted cauliflower, chopped pecans, and salt, and gently stir to combine. Serve immediately.