This Gluten-Free Vegan Strawberry pie Recipe has a juicy, tangy-sweet filling and can be made with a homemade or store-bought pie crust. It’s an easy and delicious spring and summer dessert! You’ll adore this delicious pie served with whipped coconut cream.
One of the finest berry desserts of summer is a strawberry pie made with fresh strawberries and topped with coconut whipped cream. It’s filled with fresh, juicy strawberries and coated with a sugary strawberry glaze that solidifies to look like a delicious strawberry jam!
For the entire strawberry season, I have been preparing lots of amazing vegan strawberry recipes that are also gluten-free, like Vegan Strawberry Cobbler, Vegan Strawberry Cream Pie, Strawberry Ice-Box Cake, and Strawberry Banana Bread.
Vegan Strawberry Pie
This recipe is a simple summer treat than traditional strawberry pie, as it calls for only a few simple ingredients. It is easy to put together last-minutely because it uses a pie crust that has already been cooked.
You can use store-bought pie crust in this easy vegan strawberry pie recipe, and the filling can be either homemade fresh strawberries or store-bought.
A slice of strawberry pie with coconut cream is a delicious way to end any dinner. Because it’s served cold, this pie is the ideal treat for spring or summer. It’s an impressive treat that’s ideal for last-minute guests, potlucks, and poolside snacking!
Why You Will Love This Pie?
- It’s a tasty dessert! The filling for this pie is delicious and simple to prepare, and when combined with the flaky crust, the result is nothing short of sublime. The strawberry mixture can be used in a variety of other baked goods, such as a crisp or cobbler.
- With only six ingredients, it is a simple recipe. The strawberries can be cut in half and combined with the other ingredients in just 10 minutes if the crust is already made. But it needs time to chill before serving.
- Kid-Friendly: Everyone enjoys this treat. The youngsters in particular will adore it! You will especially love the delicious flavor of this pie if you like fruity pies (some of our other favorites are this Vegan Banana Cream Pie, Vegan Lemon Pie, and Vegan Pecan Pie). It genuinely is mind-blowing, and everyone who eats it will beg for seconds!
- The stuffing is gluten-free, soy-free, and nut-free. Use a gluten-free pie pastry if you must avoid
Picking Fresh Strawberries
Last weekend my hubby and I went to an organic strawberry farm near me to pick the last strawberries of the season. Here in Florida, the “winter strawberry capital of the world”, strawberry season is over for us while it is just beginning in California and other parts of the USA.
It is so easy to make this strawberry pie recipe. All you need is 7 ingredients, including your prebaked pie crust and coconut whipped cream. You can prepare one of my 3 vegan gluten-free pie crust recipes: Gluten-Free Vegan Pie Crust, Almond Flour Pie Crust, or Graham Cracker Pie Crust.
For this easy strawberry pie, the filling is so simple to prepare. I decided to thicken it with cornstarch, crushed strawberries, sugar, and water. The natural flavor of the sweet strawberries was able to pop! This was the best strawberry pie I have had. My entire family enjoyed it, so it didn’t last very long at all.
Strawberry Pie Ingredients
- Pie crust, baked or storebought: You can use my Gluten Free Vegan Pie Crust, Almond Flour Pie Crust, or Gluten-Free Graham Cracker Pie Crust You can also use a ready-made pie crust to make it very easy. (In the freezer area of Aldi, there is a pack of delicious pre-made vegan crusts.)
- Fresh strawberries: 2 pounds of fresh strawberries are required. The best strawberries are those that are currently in season.
- Organic cane sugar: Depending on the sweetness of the fruit, add more or less sugar.
- Cornstarch: By this, the liquids in the pie thicken as it bakes, preventing runny filling after baking and cooling.
- Salt: A pinch of salt adds flavor to the pastry.
- Coconut whipped cream: This pie is best topped with coconut whipped cream frosting, as it maintains its shape and doesn’t deflate, but you can also use any vegan whipped cream you prefer to buy.
How To Make Vegan Strawberry Pie?
- Bake pie crust and cool completely. In a saucepan, add 2 cups of strawberries, crush with a potato masher, add sugar, and salt, and bring to a boil on medium heat.
- In a small bowl, mix water and cornstarch, and add the cornstarch mixture to the strawberry sauce stirring until the mixture thickens about 5 minutes. Allow the strawberry sauce to cool.
- Arrange the remaining strawberries at the base of the baked pie crust. Pour the strawberry sauce over the strawberries and chill for about 2 hours.
- Top strawberry pie with vegan whipped cream and serve.
Tips For Making Strawberry Pie
- Adjust sweetness according to how sweet your strawberries are. You can also substitute with coconut sugar, maple syrup, or 1 dropper full of stevia.
- Substitute cornstarch with tapioca or arrowroot starch.
- You can find store-bought coconut whipped cream, brands like Cocowhip are available in the health food store and some grocery stores, and you can also try homemade Coconut Whipped Cream or Cashew Cream with 2 tablespoons of sweetener added.
Other Pie Recipes You Might Like:
Frequently Asked Questions
- Energy: 270 kcal / 1129 kJ
- Fat: 20 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Carbs: 21 g
- Preparation: 15 min
- Cooking: 25 min
- Ready in: 40 min
- For: 10 Servings
- Bake pie crust and cool completely. In a saucepan, add 2 cups strawberries, crush with a potato masher, add sugar, salt and bring to a boil on medium heat.
- In a small bowl, mix water and cornstarch, add cornstarch mixture to the strawberry sauce stirring until mixture thickens. about 5 minutes. Allow strawberry sauce to cool.
- Arrange remaining strawberries at the base at the baked pie crust. Pour the strawberry sauce over the strawberries and chill for about 2 hours.
- Top strawberry pie with vegan whipped cream and serve.